Friday 14 February 2014

Well, thats buggered it!

Game over.  Crappy valentines day guaranteed.  Looks like my romantic advances have fallen on barren ground.  Not a great feeling - but if you don't ask, you'll never know.  I asked, and now I know.  It's just a bit gutting that it wasn't the answer that I was looking for.

But then what actually made me think for a minute that I deserved the answer that I wanted?  I mean, lets face it - I'm not exactly good looking.  I'm still overweight, albeit not as much overweight as I was a year ago.  And in either case, I'm still stuck with the face I was born with.

From somewhere I managed to find some seriously uncharacteristic confidence to actually do something about my feelings, and now I'm just back to not really believing in myself again.  I just wish there was some kind of way of putting myself 'on the open market' and just letting people that were attracted to me actually come to me - I guess that would be a pretty short queue anyway.

Not really feeling self pity, more a pretty sharp reality check.  Deep down inside, I knew that this would be the outcome, yet somehow I stupidly put myself forward to the edge of the abyss.  And promptly jumped straight off!  So I'll free fall for a while, hit the bottom and then splatter in a big old mess.  All I really need is some brave soul to pick up the pieces.

But for tonight, Mr Smirnoff will be my saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment