Sunday 29 March 2009

A return to creativity

After a long absence from writing and producing anything of musical note, I have finally broken the drought. Over the last two days I have written and produced a new track that is completely original. I've been ticking over on remixes for the last couple of weeks, not really being very original but producing some interesting ideas. Now I am back into my creative flow, maybe there will be some more to follow? Better still, maybe I will meet someone who can sing some of the vocals for me. I must admit that it's annoying that I cannot sing any of the lyrics that I write but I guess i would rather be able to write music and lyrics than to have to sing those given to me by someone else. My creativity is my release and somewhere to channel the energies that dwell within.

Father, thank you for allowing me the gift to create music
and to be able to express myself creatively.

There are times when I have thought about trying to
write religious lyrics to with some of my music.
I'm just not sure that they'd do justice to my beliefs.

Maybe you could guide me?
The words that I woke up with in my head the other day,
Were they meant for this purpose?
I guess that they could be but I'm not sure.

Thank you for the words anyway,
And thank you for giving me my creativity back.

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment