Friday 3 April 2009

Does God Celebrate Easter?

On the face of it, that seems a really silly question, of corse He would... But think about it; you send your only Son down to earth to save the Human race, who you love as your own image. And what does the human race do? Most of them refuse to accept their salvation and end up killing your son. How much compassion does it take to forgive that? It's not exactly the sort of thing that you'd celebrate, is it? So, maybe its the resurrection? Certainly I think that there is someone in all out lives that we would celebrate the day that the walked again. And that's it. It is the resurrection that we celebrate, the abundance of life, the forgiveness of sins.

So that is what I am going to do. Between now and Easter Sunday, I am going to pray for the forgiveness of a sin that I have yet to repent for, and in turn, forgive another for a sin against me that I have yet to forgive them for.

So, 'Does God celebrate Easter?' My though is that He celebrates that we do.

Father, as I have said above, I pray for forgiveness
Today I hold before you the way that I behaved towards my
Mother when I was a teenager.
I have said that I am sorry before, but never
Have I truly asked for forgiveness.
Whilst she is no longer alive to forgive, I ask you in her place.
Please forgive all that I have done, that I am truly sorry for.

And, father, I ask you to forgive all those who bullied me when I was at school
I will not name names, although I could place a dozen here I'm sure.
You saw them and know who they are.
Despite what they have left me with, I am ready to let go and forgive
For those who have any remorse for their actions,
Please let them feel that they are forgiven and that I bear no grudge.
Please grant me the strength to continue to heal the wounds that they have left behind.

I ask in Jesus name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment