Saturday 4 April 2009

Todays Forgiveness...

Ok, short and to the point;

Father, today I ask for forgiveness for something that happened
about this time of year, many, years ago.
I once prayed for something that I shouldn't have been given
Yet I prayed with such force and conviction that you still answered me.

I prayed to be given a physical relationship with someone who I loved
Yet should not have been with.
And you gave me what I should not have had.
And being weak, I gave in - outside of marriage.

So, please father, forgive me for my moment of weakness.

I also want to forgive someone for the hurt that they have caused me and a close friend
And for trying to drive a wedge between us. I will not name a name
But I will put the initials N.S.
Father, you know who I mean and that is all that matters.
I want to forgive them for their actions,
Please help me to let go of the animosity that I sometimes feel towards them
And heal the hurt that makes me feel it on the first place

This I ask
In Jesus name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment