Sunday 20 July 2014

So tired

I'm feeling so tired right now.  I've been on 6 and 7 day weeks for the last couple of months and it's really starting to take a toll on me.  There's been some up sides too - the money has been very welcome and has given me a decent income for a couple of months where it would otherwise have been pretty minimal.  That said, it's reached the point where I cant really keep this up much longer.  Luckily, I don't have to - I only have one week to go before I have a weeks holiday.

The money has come in handy, I've been on a little spending spree.  I bought the motorbike a set of straight pipes and it's rekindled my love for biking again!














One way or another though I'm feeling pretty run down and pretty lack lustre.  I'm planning a day away tomorrow as I have a day off.  I'm planning on taking the bike down to Lulworth Cove for the day and chilling out for a while.  Take a walk along the coast for a few miles then chill out on the beach for the afternoon.

Its not exactly going to undo weeks of overworking but it might just gove me the strength to get through the next week.  Either way, I'm really tired right now and my usual sleep cycle is gone, replaced by a cycle of sleeping based on urgency.

I don't feel tired most of the time, but when I do go to sleep I basically pass out until the morning - a couple of nights ago I managed to pass out and sleep right through a thunderstorm that passed directly overhead.

Work wise, it seems to be change over time.  People are leaving and new people hopefully joining.  The combination of staff loss and holiday time seems to have left me in this overall situation.  For the first time ever, there's a continuous block of holidays for the best part of three months, combined with staff leaving at the same time, so that creates the need for me to work so many days at a time.  I could really do with the money though so somehow I will find the energy to see it through and take the cash, after all - "it's money, take it and buy things with it".

No comments:

Post a Comment