Friday 12 October 2012

Insert witty title here

Feeling a bit tired at the moment.  Not helped by being up late last night working on a remix.  Work was pretty uninspiring today, nothing really bad but nothing to get excited about either.

I'm thinking of doing a fast.  It's popped in and out of my mind for a few days now.  Its something that I used to do periodically if I wanted to focus a prayer on one area or another.  A sort of self sacrifice for a short period of time.  I think I will do it.  Maybe aim for 24 hours from midnight tonight.

O know that tomorrow will be a busy day so it will be difficult, I'm bound to be really hungry by the end of it, but maybe that is the point.  Becuase I have not done it for a while, if it was an easy option it would hardly be a sacrifice would it?

Its going to be a difficult thing to try and hide from people, and I need to find some kind of focus point for everything.


“And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." (Mathew 6 : 16-18)


What I really need to do is try and focus all my thoughts into some kind of distilled prayer that makes some sense, rather than the rambling mess that I have at the moment.  I guess really its a lot of questions, not that I am expecting to get direct answers.  I don't think I want to put the questions here in public, although if you read the last couple of entries, you might get an idea about one of them.

I remember a phrase often shouted by the MCs when I was in my raving days - "Peace, Love and Unity, Inside the arena - the place to be!"  somehow that seems kind of fitting now in its own way.


No comments:

Post a Comment