Friday 15 February 2013

Stagnation?

So I had a day off today, I worked late last night on a new song.  The music is nearly done - I'll finish it tonight, then its just the lyrics.  Ive got bits and pieces so far but it should come once I'm focussing on it.  The style is really not my usual, a sort of jazz ballad, piano focussed and getting back more to my piano playing.  I am writing it for the person that I have feelings for but I don't think I will ever get to give it to them.  I think I may even try to sing the vocals myself, the we'll really see how good the auto pitch in Logic really is!  For my many skills, singing is not one of them...

Other than that my day off has been a mixed bag.  I went to the gym for the first time in years.  I joined the other day and now I have to do something with it.  If it helps to net a certain someone then that is a bonus, but in the main this one is for me.

I have to be the man I want to be before I can be the man that a partner will need me to be. (Thats some profound thought right there...)

Other than that, Dad is back in the UK tonight after 4 months travelling South America, so I am thankful for his safe return.  It seems that nothing has really changed, certainly nothing that I can put my finger on.  Ok sure, I have been pushing the weight loss a bit ( I wonder if he will notice - and if he does, will he say anything?) and my heart hands on a silken thread, but nothing has really changed that much.

That lack of progress feels like a set back, I mean, after 4 months I;d like to be able to say that something - anything - has moved forward.  I don't know.  Maybe things have changed and I just don't see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment