Monday 11 March 2013

A prayer for H and her family

I'm not going to spend very long on here right now, I just want to take the time to offer up a prayer for a dear friend of mine and her family who are going through a tough time right now.  Bereavement is never an easy thing to cope with, least of all when it is a close family member.  Today was the funeral.  I know how it feels to loose a close family member all too well.  I have lost more of mine than there are left living.  It's such a devastating experience.  I can imagine a bit about how they are feeling and I wish I could carry the burden for them.

     Lord, I hold before you H and her family.
     Please provide to them the comfort and strength to deal with what is upon them
     Grant that they might find strength in each other and those around them.
     Help them find the strength of faith to come to you in their time of need.
     Please grant them safe passage through this dark time and lead them to a brighter day.
     This I ask in Jesus name.

AMEN

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted" - Matthew 5:4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment