Monday 16 February 2009

After the Rain...

Well, I didn't get any valentines cards from any secret admirers... I guess it's going to take longer for there to be an answer to that prayer.

Its interesting where God comes in though.  I was at work today and a vicar came in from one of the little churches around the city centre.  There's a few of them, mostly in little nooks and crannies, where the developers have lost the battle to tear down Churches of God and replace them with churches of consumerism.  In a way I'm surprised that the Cathedral is not a little more active than it is, leaving it to the little Churches nearby to reach out.

Anyway, it was nice to have someone from the local community coming round and thinking of the retailers in a time when things are not so good.  He was offering retailers the chance to be prayed for as a company or as people.I sort of felt a little like I was being called to his Chrch.  I think that I need to find time to go in there somehow.

Father, thank you for finding a way to talk to me,
Thank you for finding a way of offering you Love
to the retailers and people of Salisbury.

For those who need to hear you and be with you
Please give them the strength to come to you
and find strength and comfort

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment