Saturday 28 February 2009

A Brighter Day

Well, work was fantastic toady. Of course, it was payday for many people this weekend and it seemed like they all came in and bought from us. Today was officially the biggest sales day that the Salisbury store has ever had. It felt like an oiled team effort too. Everyone doing something slightly different and contributing to the success of the store as a whole. The real irony is that, after todays result, if the month was 30 days instead of 28, there'd be a real chance of doing target. As it is we come up 6% short.

But, accentuate the positive etc... There's much to be thankful for, maybe I have managed to clear the air with the team and get a fresh start. But that now means that I have 5 months to achieve what I should have been aiming for in 6. Oh well, I'm still in the game to fight another round at least. I will just have to learn some new team tactics as I am going. If I cannot use the management style that I am used to I am sure that I have the skills to adapt. Right now I am just thankful to get on an even keel again.

Father, once again you have given me more than I deserve
Thankyou for helping me to find a way to get things
back into the right groove and for the little successes
every day that make life seem that much more positive.

Whilst I am sure that I am working with a team that do not believe,
Please grant us all success as a whole in what we do

Please help me to role model all that is Good and Positive about your love
In a manner that will not alienate them but will help the,
to question and find you.

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment