Tuesday 24 February 2009

I had my boss down with me for the day at work and what I thought would be a slightly tricky day turned out to be a day that totally took the wind out of my sails. I have slowly been trying to gently coax people at work to focus in a little bit on what we need to achieve in order to e able to deliver the targets that we are about to be set. It now transpires that they have been bitching about me to my boss behind my back. There is part of me that says that I do not care, I am trying to help them and they are just resisting the inevitable but the problem is that I still have 5 months left on my probation and if they continue to moan then I won't keep the position at the end of it.

So maybe the plan of action needs to be revised a little. I think for the time being I will just have to play the team player game and bide my time. When the bonuses dry up and they see a gap in their pay packets they will come and ask my how they can make up a 25% increase in targets.

I don't feel that I have been too aggressive with what I am doing but somehow I have missed the mark with it. That irritates me greatly because all I ultimately want to achieve is a successful store and a winning team. I don't want to change any of them, or what they do. I just want them to do it as much of the time as they can.

Lord, please help me to see what I am doing wrong.
Please help me to be able to talk to my team
and to be able to do whatever is necessary
for them to feel that they can approach me
rather than going over my head to my boss.

Please help me to be able to correct what I have damaged so far
and to be able to build a successful team.

More over, please give me the vision to be able to
see what I need to be and to be able to turn my back
on the conditioning from previous jobs that is holding me back at the moment.

In Jesus Name

No comments:

Post a Comment